PMT, Britain’s biggest multichannel musical instrument retailer, has today announced plans to turn its retail stores into ‘Experience Centres.’
The new initiative will be accompanied by a rebranding of PMT, driven by the slogan ‘Play Music Today.’
“Music is a massively important part of our culture and way of life,” said MD of PMT, David Black. “We’re here to inspire and enable more people than ever to Play Music Today. From all backgrounds and all levels of ability.
“We are passionate about multichannel retailing, but in a post covid 2022, just being a retailer isn’t good enough. Customers expect support, added value, experiences, and inspiration. They want more than just transactional retail.
“Of course, we will continue to sell an amazing range of the best musical instruments from the world’s best brands, and deliver unbeatable value and expert service. But our customers deserve and will get so much more.
“Our ‘Experience Centres’ will resonate strongly with our customers in a way that is impossible solely over the internet. The centres will be the perfect place to try out instruments and equipment, learn, get creative, and just hang out.”
Plans for PMT include:
– Re-imagining PMT’s retail stores as ‘Experience Centres’ with ‘creativity and community at their core.’
– Adding tuition, repair and maintenance services. An enhanced part-exchange and resell service. Live demonstration, rehearsal facilities, and community events.
– Creating ‘Backstage’, a value adding membership community, free for all PMT customers
– Turbocharging PMT’s online offering with enhanced services, the latest, most diverse, and most envied musical instruments.
– Rollout of new PMT branding and livery, incorporating the Play Music Today slogan.